A Merit/Income Based Financial Assistance for Sindhi Students
SANA simply helps them to achieve their dream
For the award of Dr. Feroz Ahmed Memorial Educational (FAME) Scholarships for the academic Year 2010-2011, Sindhi Association of North America (SANA) invites applications from Sindhi students who are pursuing education at universities/colleges in Pakistan.
This scholarship program is mainly for those Sindhi students who are meritorious and belong to very low income Sindhi families
Application forms are attached with this message and also available at SANA website http://www.sanalist.org/ . For completing and forwarding applications, please read carefully the following instructions:
Based on the collection of funds, each year SANA awards several scholarships to meritorious and needy Sindhi students in Sindh.
For the academic year 2010-2011, SANA FAME Scholarships Program will confer the following awards:
For the academic year 2010-2011, our target is award of 80 Scholarships.
1. Fiftysix (56) scholarships for Undergraduate Studies in Sciences. Each $200.00
2. Six (6) scholarships for Post-graduate Studies in Social Sciences and Humanities. Each $400.00
3. Six (6) scholarships for Undergraduate Studies with major in Sindhi Language, Sindhi Literature, Sindh History, etc. Each $200.00
4. Four (4) scholarships for Post-graduate Studies in Sindhi Language, Sindhi Literature, Sindh History, etc. $400.00 each.
5. Eight (8) scholarships of $200.00 each for students of Nursing Colleges.
The successful students are paid the scholarship amount in equivalent Rupees at their address in Sindh.
For every academic year, the SANA FAME Scholarship committee invites applications through announcement at:
· SANA website www.sanalist.org
· Sindh based lists
· Mehran TV,
· Newspapers in Sindh, such as Kawish.
This information is available on the SANA website www.sanalist.org under the link “FAME Scholarship Program” and then click further link “Recent Announcements” provides complete schedule for the current year scholarship program
The list of successful applicants is announced on the SANA website and on Sanalist. Also each successful applicant is informed via e-mail address provided in their completed forms. The successful applicants will be asked to provide the bank details to SANA Treasurer so that funds can be transferred to their account.
For enquiries the e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Forms for the Graduate and Post-Graduate categories are attached with this message and also available at the SANA website.
The Application Schedule
As specified above, the SANA website under the link “Recent Announcements” for FAME Scholarship Program provides complete schedule for the current year’s scholarship program.
- April 30, 2011 – Last date for receiving applications.
- May 30, 2011- Announcement about award of scholarships. Selected students will be notified and scholarships will be awarded.
The Application Procedure
Read carefully the following instructions:
First step is to obtain the documentation as described under title The Attachments.
There are 2 ways to apply for the scholarships
A. Applying directly at the SANA website.
B. Printing forms attached with this message and also available on the SANA website. The completed forms with specified attachments shall be mailed at the address provided.
A. Applying directly at the SANA website
· On the SANA website www.sanalist.org, select “Related Link” of the FAME Scholarships Program
· Select “Form Category A – Under Graduate Studies” or “Form Category B – Graduate Studies”.
· Enter the required information on the selected form.
· Scan the documents listed under The Attachments, as specified below. Download on your pc and attach the scanned copy for each document as required on the form.
· Select Submit, when above is complete.
B. Printing forms and submitting via mail (post)
The application forms (Under Graduate or Graduate category) are available at SANA website for printing (also attached with this message). The completed forms and the copies of documents shall be mailed at the following address
The completed form with above attachments to be mailed via regular mail (not by registered mail) to:
C/O Ghulam Memon
9112 Harbor Hills Drive,
Houston, Texas 77054, USA
The properly completed form is to be attached with following documents. Please read the instruction as mentioned below under Note:
1. Proof of admission in the University/College
2. Attendance Record of the current semester
3. Attested copies of mark sheets for Class X, Class XII, and university examinations mentioned in the form
4. Original family income certificate
5. An autobiographical essay (one page), hand written in English or Sindhi
For attaching above documents, please note the following:
o For documents 1, 2, and 3, obtain the photo-copies. Each photo-copy shall be properly attested with the signature and stamp of the person attesting the documents.
o For document 4, the original certificate shall be attested as above.
o The document 5 shall be attached in original.
The Selection Procedure
The review and selection process is conducted by the combined team of the SANA FAME Scholarship Committee. The application review process includes separation of application forms in various specified categories and the review of applicant’s information on forms and on the attached documents. Based on this review process, the applications are ranked as per the merit and the family’s yearly earnings.
Any application received during this review period is also included in the process.